I should probably update Tumblr about how/what I’m doing (or not doing) right now, but I’m putting that aside because a person who’s very important to me is in a very bad place, in a literal sense, and I’m hoping somebody can give him a safer place to live for a while, so he (and I) can have a better chance of not feeling like shit. Despite various efforts to be anywhere else after receiving his philosophy degree, metapianycist is in his parents’ house. I was able to convince my father let him stay here with me at his house for a week in May, but I doubt I’ll pull it off again, and his few friends in New York cannot have guests for various reasons. The fact that metapiancyist is at his parents’ house is really bad, because:
- His sister has a history of violence toward him and a creepy boyfriend who interrogates him about what it’s like to be trans, and his mother and sister both expect him to be open toward his sister and completely trusting of her.
- The food he can access there consists mainly of Pop-Tarts, instant ramen, and the like.
- He has to hide his antidepressants and might have to stop taking them if they were discovered.
- Sleeping in his mother’s room (as he doesn’t have his own) means he has very little privacy, though she sleeps either in the living room or at a different time of day, and she vocally disapproves of everything about his life.
- His mother forces him to attend family gatherings that make him highly uncomfortable, and at one of these he is going to meet his vehemently heterosexist aunt who is the only person in the family who does not yet know he is trans (because nobody feels like telling her).
- His father seems to be resentful of everyone in the house, but apparently has nowhere else to live.
- Whenever he leaves the house to access the Internet, take a walk, and get away from his relatives, he faces harassment from random people on the street, because his parents live in a horrible town.
- He has no friends in the immediate area.
He is currently trying to get a job somewhere in New York city, which is about twenty minutes from where he is by bus/train, but he has difficulty approaching the application process as an autistic person, and employment prospects for autistic trans people with depression is significantly lower than the average. In the meantime, he has $60 total and no way of earning more money.
If anyone has any space to offer or any job leads (especially in New York City or the immediate area), they should either respond to this post or contact metapianycist through Tumblr.
Also, I hope a few of you will consider reblogging this, as I have only 76 followers.
I know some’a’y’all are new yorkish.